Every time I come to Oslo, I always end up making somethings sweet in my mothers kitchen. Last time it was Fastelavn, so I ended up making sweet buns with whipped cream, vanilla cream and home-made jam. This time I made cupcakes. After-eight cupcakes. To be eaten after 8. They were eaten at 11 pm. And they were good.
They were so good that I wanted to share the recipe with you.
For making 12 cupcakes you need:
100 grams margarine
100 gram dark chocolate (dronningsjokolade)
1 ½ deciliter sugar
1 ½ ts. baking soda
2 teaspoons coffee
1 ½ deciliter flour
½ deciliter cocoa powder
12 pieces of After Eight for the batter
More after eight for the center
50 gram dark chocolate (dronningsjokolade)
10 pieces of after eight
½ – 1 deciliter cream
How to do
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC (356 ºF)
- Put 12 paper cupcake shapes into a cupcake tray
- Stir the egg and sugar until it’s white
- Use a microwave oven or a kitchen stove to melt the dark chocolate and margarine – separately.
- Mix the melted chocolate and margarin together with the coffee.
- Add the liquids to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Sift flour, baking soda and coca powder into the mixture
- Cut the 12 pieces of after eight chocolates into 4-6 pieces and stir them carefully into the batter
- Fill the cupcake shapes until half full.
- Bake in oven in 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, take the cupcakes out of the tray and cool them down for at least 5 minutes
Making the frosting
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and heat them in the microwave oven for 1-2 minutes
- Stirr well
- Let it cool down for a couple of minutes, stir a couple of times
Pretty interesting cupcakes
- Use an apple pip remover and remove a part of the top of the cupcake
- Put some chopped after eight chocolate in the hole
- Put the top back on the cupcake
- Dip the cupcake it the bowl with the frosting
- Refrigerate the cupcake for about 30 minutes in order to stiffen the frosting
- Eat the cupcakes
When the cupcakes have cooled down – use an apple pip remover to make a hole in the cupcakes. You decide how deep you want the hole to be, depending on how much you want to stuff the cupcake.